Driver Improvement Classes
The Chamber offers the Driver Improvement Class online in the English and Spanish language. However, to receive credit for the course and to receive your Certificate of Completion to satisfy court or DMV requirements, you must take the final exam in-person at the Chamber Office during normal business hours (8:30AM-4:30PM).
Click here for more information or take the online class. Fee: $75
The National Safety Council's Driver Improvement Course is a driver training class used internationally to train drivers in preventing motor vehicle collisions. The class's purposes are to:
- Train drivers in professional collision avoidance techniques through standardized classroom courses; and
- Promote an attitude of mutual understanding, courtesy, and cooperation so that driving is a more civilized, pleasant, safe, and successful activity for all concerned.
Most classes are held at the Chamber Office, located at 800 Country Club Road, Harrisonburg. Saturday classes start at 8AM and end at 5PM with a lunch break. Upon successful completion of the class, you will receive a certificate. You may also be eligible to receive credit points on your driving record. Call your state's DMV office for details. Fee: $60
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Saturday, April 22, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, April 29, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, May 13, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, May 20, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, June 3, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, June 10, 8am-5pm
- Saturday, June 24, 8am-5pm
Students must register at the Chamber of Commerce Office, located at 800 Country Club Road. Registration hours are from 8:30AM-4:30PM. The course fee must be paid at time of registration, and a copy of your driver's license will be made at that time. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted with proper ID. Class size is limited to 18 students and is on a first-come first-serve-basis. Call the Chamber for availability.
* Please note:
- This is not a behind the wheel road course
- Our course does not satisfy requirements for a Commercial Driver's License.